Recent Outings, Musings, and Hijinks - At A Glance
- August 14 - The Cobb Grill
- August 13 - Trinidad Weekend Odds & Sods
- August 13 - Trinidad Harbor North
- August 12 - Trinidad head Hike
- August 12 - Trinidad Harbor South
- August 6 - Trinidad Harbor Paddle
- August 5 - Moonstone Beach Surf Play
- July 30 - Paddling Drake's Estero
- July 24 - Do The Best You Can...
- July 22 - Hart Mountain National Antelope Refuge
Monday, December 26, 2011
Monday, December 19, 2011
Back to the Sacramento National wildlife Refuge with my hiking partners from the Chico/Oroville Outdoor Adventurers (COOA).
There weren't as many geese and waterfowl present, but there seemed to be a lot more raptors, so it was still a great trip. I also noticed a lot more Canada Geese in the refuge then the week before.
Early morning fly-by.
Sun raises over a layer of fog.
A Great Egret.
Another Great Egret not far from the viewing platform.
Not a good picture, but one of only a couple fly-outs on this trip.
Please stay in your vehicle! Haha!
I believe this is a cross-beaked juvenile eagle that lives on the refuge.
A hunting Redtail.
Snow and Ross Geese landing.
Closed means CLOSED! Beth and Gary taunting authority.