Recent Outings, Musings, and Hijinks - At A Glance
- July 8 - Back In Black!
- June 24 - Lake Sonoma Paddle
- June 23 - Brucey
- June 18 - Baby Bruce
- June 6 - Yard Project: Tree Trimming Begins
- June 2 - New Greenland Paddles
- May 28 - Sea Kayaking At Caspar
- May 27 - Russian Gulch Sea kayaking
- May 26 - Ocean Kayaking On The Mendocino Coast
- May 25 - Noyo River Paddle
- May 13 - Yard Project
- April 28 - "Thingy" Odds and Sods
- April 27 - The 9th Annual Social "Thingy"
Monday, December 26, 2011
Monday, December 19, 2011
Back to the Sacramento National wildlife Refuge with my hiking partners from the Chico/Oroville Outdoor Adventurers (COOA).
There weren't as many geese and waterfowl present, but there seemed to be a lot more raptors, so it was still a great trip. I also noticed a lot more Canada Geese in the refuge then the week before.
Early morning fly-by.
Sun raises over a layer of fog.
A Great Egret.
Another Great Egret not far from the viewing platform.
Not a good picture, but one of only a couple fly-outs on this trip.
Please stay in your vehicle! Haha!
I believe this is a cross-beaked juvenile eagle that lives on the refuge.
A hunting Redtail.
Snow and Ross Geese landing.
Closed means CLOSED! Beth and Gary taunting authority.