Recent Outings, Musings, and Hijinks - At A Glance
- December 15 - Reno Lenticulars
- December 10 - Arrrgghh! Cancelled Plands
- December 9 - Greenland Paddling Clinic
- December 8 - More Trinidaddy!
- December 3 - SF Bay Paddle - Alcatraz Island/Angel Island/Yellow Bluff Tide Race
- December 2 - Brickyard Cove Paddle
- December 2 - New/used Birthday Boat for Milo
- November 25 - Thanksgiving At Lava Beds - The Bluff
- November 24 - Thanksgiving At Lava Beds - The Caves
- November 23 - Thanksgiving At Lava Beds National Monument
Monday, December 26, 2011
Monday, December 19, 2011
Back to the Sacramento National wildlife Refuge with my hiking partners from the Chico/Oroville Outdoor Adventurers (COOA).
There weren't as many geese and waterfowl present, but there seemed to be a lot more raptors, so it was still a great trip. I also noticed a lot more Canada Geese in the refuge then the week before.
Early morning fly-by.
Sun raises over a layer of fog.
A Great Egret.
Another Great Egret not far from the viewing platform.
Not a good picture, but one of only a couple fly-outs on this trip.
Please stay in your vehicle! Haha!
I believe this is a cross-beaked juvenile eagle that lives on the refuge.
A hunting Redtail.
Snow and Ross Geese landing.
Closed means CLOSED! Beth and Gary taunting authority.