Recent Outings, Musings, and Hijinks - At A Glance
- October 7 - Prairie Creek Redwoods Hike
- September 27 - Milo Roll Practice
- September 24 - Sea Kayaking Trinidad - Camel Rock and Back
- September 23 - Explore North Coast - Paddle Host Workshop
- September 13 - Tough Morning At Work
- September 11 - BASK Mendo Odds & Sods
- September 10 - Russian Gulch Rock Garden Play
- September 9 - Russian Gulch Headlands Hike - South
- September 8 - Russian Gulcg Headlands - North
- September 7 - Russian Gulch South With BASK
Monday, December 26, 2011
Monday, December 19, 2011
Back to the Sacramento National wildlife Refuge with my hiking partners from the Chico/Oroville Outdoor Adventurers (COOA).
There weren't as many geese and waterfowl present, but there seemed to be a lot more raptors, so it was still a great trip. I also noticed a lot more Canada Geese in the refuge then the week before.
Early morning fly-by.
Sun raises over a layer of fog.
A Great Egret.
Another Great Egret not far from the viewing platform.
Not a good picture, but one of only a couple fly-outs on this trip.
Please stay in your vehicle! Haha!
I believe this is a cross-beaked juvenile eagle that lives on the refuge.
A hunting Redtail.
Snow and Ross Geese landing.
Closed means CLOSED! Beth and Gary taunting authority.