Recent Outings, Musings, and Hijinks - At A Glance
- June 18 - Prairie Creek Redwoods - Rhododendron Trail Hike
- June 17 - Arcata Bay Oyster Festival - Actual
- June 16 - Arcata Bay Oyster Festival
- June 11 - Surf Zone Clinic
- June 10 - Second Saturday Skills With tOM Humphries
- June 8 - Quick Yorty Creek Drive
- June 6 - NorCal Family Dental Group
- May 29 - Cosumnes River Back Door Route
- May 28 - Point Reyes Low Tide Hike
- May 26 - Owyhee Canyonlands Lair Golf
Monday, December 26, 2011
Monday, December 19, 2011
Back to the Sacramento National wildlife Refuge with my hiking partners from the Chico/Oroville Outdoor Adventurers (COOA).
There weren't as many geese and waterfowl present, but there seemed to be a lot more raptors, so it was still a great trip. I also noticed a lot more Canada Geese in the refuge then the week before.
Early morning fly-by.
Sun raises over a layer of fog.
A Great Egret.
Another Great Egret not far from the viewing platform.
Not a good picture, but one of only a couple fly-outs on this trip.
Please stay in your vehicle! Haha!
I believe this is a cross-beaked juvenile eagle that lives on the refuge.
A hunting Redtail.
Snow and Ross Geese landing.
Closed means CLOSED! Beth and Gary taunting authority.