After climbing Mount Lassen in the morning, we took a short hike into the sulfur works at Bumpass Hell, Lassen National Park.
Recent Outings, Musings, and Hijinks - At A Glance
- August 14 - The Cobb Grill
- August 13 - Trinidad Weekend Odds & Sods
- August 13 - Trinidad Harbor North
- August 12 - Trinidad head Hike
- August 12 - Trinidad Harbor South
- August 6 - Trinidad Harbor Paddle
- August 5 - Moonstone Beach Surf Play
- July 30 - Paddling Drake's Estero
- July 24 - Do The Best You Can...
- July 22 - Hart Mountain National Antelope Refuge
Saturday, June 30, 2012
Saturday, June 30 - Because of trail maintenance, this was the first day in 2012 that the main Lassen Peak Trail was open to the public. Marcie and I ripped up the peak and back down in 4 hours 2 minutes, with about 30 minutes spent dicking around on the summit.
Lassen is always a fun climb, and this time was no exception. Clear sky when we started, then a light layer of clouds and wind moved in as we neared the summit.
Lassen Summit Video