After climbing Mount Lassen in the morning, we took a short hike into the sulfur works at Bumpass Hell, Lassen National Park.
Recent Outings, Musings, and Hijinks - At A Glance
- July 8 - Back In Black!
- June 24 - Lake Sonoma Paddle
- June 23 - Brucey
- June 18 - Baby Bruce
- June 6 - Yard Project: Tree Trimming Begins
- June 2 - New Greenland Paddles
- May 28 - Sea Kayaking At Caspar
- May 27 - Russian Gulch Sea kayaking
- May 26 - Ocean Kayaking On The Mendocino Coast
- May 25 - Noyo River Paddle
- May 13 - Yard Project
- April 28 - "Thingy" Odds and Sods
- April 27 - The 9th Annual Social "Thingy"
Saturday, June 30, 2012
Saturday, June 30 - Because of trail maintenance, this was the first day in 2012 that the main Lassen Peak Trail was open to the public. Marcie and I ripped up the peak and back down in 4 hours 2 minutes, with about 30 minutes spent dicking around on the summit.
Lassen is always a fun climb, and this time was no exception. Clear sky when we started, then a light layer of clouds and wind moved in as we neared the summit.
Lassen Summit Video