After climbing Mount Lassen in the morning, we took a short hike into the sulfur works at Bumpass Hell, Lassen National Park.
Recent Outings, Musings, and Hijinks - At A Glance
- December 15 - Reno Lenticulars
- December 10 - Arrrgghh! Cancelled Plands
- December 9 - Greenland Paddling Clinic
- December 8 - More Trinidaddy!
- December 3 - SF Bay Paddle - Alcatraz Island/Angel Island/Yellow Bluff Tide Race
- December 2 - Brickyard Cove Paddle
- December 2 - New/used Birthday Boat for Milo
- November 25 - Thanksgiving At Lava Beds - The Bluff
- November 24 - Thanksgiving At Lava Beds - The Caves
- November 23 - Thanksgiving At Lava Beds National Monument
Saturday, June 30, 2012
Saturday, June 30 - Because of trail maintenance, this was the first day in 2012 that the main Lassen Peak Trail was open to the public. Marcie and I ripped up the peak and back down in 4 hours 2 minutes, with about 30 minutes spent dicking around on the summit.
Lassen is always a fun climb, and this time was no exception. Clear sky when we started, then a light layer of clouds and wind moved in as we neared the summit.
Lassen Summit Video