After climbing Mount Lassen in the morning, we took a short hike into the sulfur works at Bumpass Hell, Lassen National Park.
Recent Outings, Musings, and Hijinks - At A Glance
- June 18 - Prairie Creek Redwoods - Rhododendron Trail Hike
- June 17 - Arcata Bay Oyster Festival - Actual
- June 16 - Arcata Bay Oyster Festival
- June 11 - Surf Zone Clinic
- June 10 - Second Saturday Skills With tOM Humphries
- June 8 - Quick Yorty Creek Drive
- June 6 - NorCal Family Dental Group
- May 29 - Cosumnes River Back Door Route
- May 28 - Point Reyes Low Tide Hike
- May 26 - Owyhee Canyonlands Lair Golf
Saturday, June 30, 2012
Saturday, June 30 - Because of trail maintenance, this was the first day in 2012 that the main Lassen Peak Trail was open to the public. Marcie and I ripped up the peak and back down in 4 hours 2 minutes, with about 30 minutes spent dicking around on the summit.
Lassen is always a fun climb, and this time was no exception. Clear sky when we started, then a light layer of clouds and wind moved in as we neared the summit.
Lassen Summit Video