After climbing Mount Lassen in the morning, we took a short hike into the sulfur works at Bumpass Hell, Lassen National Park.
Recent Outings, Musings, and Hijinks - At A Glance
- October 7 - Prairie Creek Redwoods Hike
- September 27 - Milo Roll Practice
- September 24 - Sea Kayaking Trinidad - Camel Rock and Back
- September 23 - Explore North Coast - Paddle Host Workshop
- September 13 - Tough Morning At Work
- September 11 - BASK Mendo Odds & Sods
- September 10 - Russian Gulch Rock Garden Play
- September 9 - Russian Gulch Headlands Hike - South
- September 8 - Russian Gulcg Headlands - North
- September 7 - Russian Gulch South With BASK
Saturday, June 30, 2012
Saturday, June 30 - Because of trail maintenance, this was the first day in 2012 that the main Lassen Peak Trail was open to the public. Marcie and I ripped up the peak and back down in 4 hours 2 minutes, with about 30 minutes spent dicking around on the summit.
Lassen is always a fun climb, and this time was no exception. Clear sky when we started, then a light layer of clouds and wind moved in as we neared the summit.
Lassen Summit Video