Where the spirit leads the feet will follow.
Down distant paths for unmapped miles.
Heads forget but hearts remember:
The art of living knows no bounds.

"The best journeys answer questions that in the beginning you didn't even think to ask." - Jeff Johnson, 180 Degrees South

"The best way out is always through" - Robert Frost

Sleep doesn't help if it's your soul that's tired.

Sunday, September 17, 2023

Klamath River Steelhead Fly

A long time ago, while fly fishing the Klamath River in Northern California, an old timer fisherman gave me a raggedy tied steelhead fly he called the "Chappie". I didn't know anything about it at the time, and don't even remember if I fished it, but I think I still have it kicking around with a bunch of old steelhead flies.  

This afternoon I was tying up a small selection of flies for (hopefully) a trip up there in the coming weeks. I thought about the old fisherman and the Chappie so quickly wrapped one up with a slight variation.

My version of "Outdoor" Franklin's Chappie, size 6.
 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment