We made a quick weekend run up to Prairie Creek Redwoods State Park in Humboldt Co. to knock out a day hike Sam has been wanting to do.
This was an 18 mile hike that did a loop through the park. We saw a lot of different terrain and a lot of huge redwoods. The pictures did not come out as well as we would have liked, but many were taken in the shade of the forest and came out a little blurry. Still a great trip and glad we could get back up there.
From our camp
- To Visitor's Center
- James Irvine Trail to Coastal Trail
- Coastal Trail to Ossagon Trail (with 1/2 mile hike out to the ocean)
- Ossagon Trail to Drury Scenic Parkway
- Drury Scenic Parkway to Zig Zag #2 Trail
- Followed the Prairie Creek Trail down to the Zig Zag #1 Trail
- Zig Zag #1 Trail to the West Ridge Trail
- West Ridge Trail back to the Visitor's Center and camp
More info: http://www.parks.ca.gov/?page_id=415