Where the spirit leads the feet will follow.
Down distant paths for unmapped miles.
Heads forget but hearts remember:
The art of living knows no bounds.

"The best journeys answer questions that in the beginning you didn't even think to ask." - Jeff Johnson, 180 Degrees South

"The best way out is always through" - Robert Frost

Sleep doesn't help if it's your soul that's tired.

Sunday, January 10, 2016

* Delta Sea Kayak Back Rest Rebuild

The back rest that was in the boat was perfectly fine, except even in it's lowest position, it was too high and was preventing me from progressing with my roll. I am keeping the factory seat (although I will replace the shabby work the last person did on the pad), but I will fabricate a new low profile minicell form back rest.

Started with a 3" deep block of minicell, and added a couple 2" sections on the outside to form the contour of the seat. The H2 glue I had was getting old, have some ordered and on the way, but that was all I could do today. I did suss out the depth of the thigh area along the side of the cockpit where I will add padding for better/tighter bracing.




Stage one of the minicell back rest

No comments:

Post a Comment