Where the spirit leads the feet will follow.
Down distant paths for unmapped miles.
Heads forget but hearts remember:
The art of living knows no bounds.

"The best journeys answer questions that in the beginning you didn't even think to ask." - Jeff Johnson, 180 Degrees South

"The best way out is always through" - Robert Frost

Sleep doesn't help if it's your soul that's tired.

Friday, July 3, 2020

* July 3 -5 - Steens Mountain Adventure

LOCATION: Steens Mountain, The High Desert area of Southeastern Oregon

My plan was to ride the 76 mile Steens Mountain Loop in four sections over a period of 3 1/2 days. I completed 2 1/2 sections, but the continuous uphill on the second section, and the high heat on the three full days took it's toll...not to mention I'm getting old, fat, and out of shape.

It was a fun undertaking though. Silo drove along as my SAG wagon, I learned a few things about gravel riding, we camped in the cool Page Campground near Frenchglen, and it's ALWAYS a good time on Steens Mountain.

I want to go back in the Fall to finish the sections I skipped...maybe with a new gravel bike, and hike a few places that grabbed my attention.

















































No comments:

Post a Comment