Where the spirit leads the feet will follow.
Down distant paths for unmapped miles.
Heads forget but hearts remember:
The art of living knows no bounds.

"The best journeys answer questions that in the beginning you didn't even think to ask." - Jeff Johnson, 180 Degrees South

"The best way out is always through" - Robert Frost

Sleep doesn't help if it's your soul that's tired.

Friday, May 13, 2022

Extended Weekend

May 12th & 13th - I headed out early Thursday morning for an extended weekend in the Burney/Hat Creek area overlanding, exploring, fishing, and hiking.

Thursday and Friday I was at Iron Canyon Reservoir near a spot in the road called Big Bend off Highway 299. I camped, I fished, I tried out a new lens for my Lumix G9, I drove side roads and spurs to see where they went, I did a little dispersed camping, and I ate great meals cooked over the campfire. I hooked several good size fish and several smaller fish. All but one were released alive. I landed what was probably the largest Brown Trout of my life...a 16-18 incher (released alive so I didn't get an exact measurement).

I was surprised to find the lake so full. I used to fish this lake a lot many years ago, so It was nice to come back and find the lake in great shape and the fishing as good as I remember it. It was a very enjoyable two days just enjoying the solitude and tussling with spirited trout. I hope to return soon and do it all again...
























No comments:

Post a Comment