Where the spirit leads the feet will follow.
Down distant paths for unmapped miles.
Heads forget but hearts remember:
The art of living knows no bounds.

"The best journeys answer questions that in the beginning you didn't even think to ask." - Jeff Johnson, 180 Degrees South

"The best way out is always through" - Robert Frost

Sleep doesn't help if it's your soul that's tired.

Wednesday, January 5, 2022

Panasonic LUMIX G9 MFT Mirrorless Camera

I recently purchased a new Panasonic LUMIX G9 Micro Four Thirds Mirrorless camera.

My old Nikon DSLR is 16 or 18 years old. It still works fine (and I will continue to use it along with a couple other point-and-shoot Lumix cameras and a couple GoPros), but I wanted a new camera with updated technologies and the ability to take advantage of a few new lenses that I am interested in as I move into retirement and have more time to take photography a little more seriously.

I went with the Lumix MFT because I wanted a smaller frame lightweight camera for adventure photography...only it's not as light as I hoped. It's built tough and weather sealed, so that will fit into the places I will take this.

I'm starting with two lenses...
- Panasonic Leica DG Vario-Elmarit 12-60mm f/2.8-4 ASPH. POWER O.I.S. (a general purpose zoom equivalent to 24-120 35mm)
Panasonic Leica DG Vario-Summilux 10-25mm f/1.7 ASPH. (an amazing wide angle zoom that should also be great for video)

Next on the list is a Leica 50-200 zoom (100-400 35mm equivalent).

Panasonic LUMIX G9 MFT Mirrorless Camera

I've been laying low the last four weeks with a torn tendon in my foot and haven't had a chance to do much outdoors, but went out yesterday to try out the new 10-25 wide angle.

These photos were with the Leica 12-60 a few weeks ago...

These photos have been processed with Lightroom and Luminar 4.







No comments:

Post a Comment